Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fanfiction has a whole bunch of genii

 Fan fiction writers often write things on their posts such as:
~Normality will be restored as soon as we figure out what it is.
~You always get whats coming to you; unless it gets lost in the mail.
~Silence is golden but duct tape is silver. I guess I can settle for second place.
~Flying is not inherently dangerous- crashing is.
~Beware the letter 'G'. It is the end of everything.
~Forecast for tonight: darkness
~If you try to fail and succeed, which one did you do?
~Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.
~There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line
~I'm not random I just have many thoughts

Percy Jackson and The Olympians (I don't own this)
1. When in doubt, find the dam snack bar-The Titans Curse
2. With great power comes a great need to take a nap-The Last Olympian
3. Paradises are places that can get you killed- The Battle of the Labyrinth
4. Gods get offended easily. Then they blow stuff up.- The Titans Curse
5. You can fight monsters, see Annabeth, and make things go BOOM at the same time.-The Batteof the Labyrinth
6. You can't fix a person like a machine.-The Battle of the Labyrinth
7. Monster will vaporize when sliced by a celestial bronze sword.-The Battle of the Labyrinth
8. Avoid poisonus swords or you'll die, after you shrivel slowly to dust-The Battle of the Labyrinth
9. Anything is possible: including blue food and that Percy can pass seventh grade - The Sea of Monsters
10. People, and horses, who call Mr. D. the wine dud end up in a bottle of Merlot.- The Titans Curse
11. Three kids can drown in a really big bath.- The Lightning Thief
12. Everything strange washes up in Miami-The Sea of Monsters
13. You can't enjoy practical jokes when you feel like one.-The Last Olympian
14. Just say hello to the poodle.-The Lightning Thief
15. When you need Tantalus to go away, tell him to chase a donut. -The Sea of Monsters
16. Even heroes drool in their sleep- The Lightning Thief
17. When things seem bad enough, they usually breathe fire.-The Sea of Monsters
18. When barnyard animals don't want to kill you, they want food.-The Lightning Theif
19. Don't blow your nose when someone near you is running from skeletons.-The Titans Curse
20. Don't beat a god in a video game- he might want your soul. -The Last Olympian

You Know You're a Writer If: -You talk to yourself a lot. (e.g. Hmm, what would happen if three kids were left in a school all day alone! BINGO story idea!)
-You talk to yourself about talking to yourself. (e.g. 'Why do I constantly ask my self random things?' "Stop talking to yourself!" "No why should I?!")
-When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else. (e.g. 'Have you ever noticed that deliver could mean someone's liver?')
-After uttering a profound piece of wisdom like that above, you stare at the cookie in your hand with awe and say, "Wow,this stuff is great for sugar highs...'
-You live off of sugar and caffeine (the two greatest things ever discovered!)
-You'll check your e-mail every day of the week and then disappear off the face of the earth.
-You're e-mails tend to be pages long and incredibly random.
-When replying to an e-mail, you'll never actually address the point of it.
-You tend to collect Bic Sticks off the ground like picking pennies off the ground.
-Your friends and family think that you have carpal tunnel syndrome.
-People think you have A.D.H.D.
-You think it'd be cool to have A.D.H.D
. -You constantly start talking in third person, present or past tense.
-You start thinking about making lists like this and start giggling for no "apparent" reason
-Your friends stopped looking at you funny for no apparent reason a loooooong time ago.
-And FINALLY, the one way to tell if you're a good writer: You failed English 101. (copy this into you're profile if you fit one or more of the descriptions)

Thank You Huntress of Artemis 101 for the following inspiration
1. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
3. A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
4. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
6. Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?
7. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
8. When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
9. Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
10. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
11. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
12. He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.
14. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
15. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
16. Honk if you love peace and quiet.
17. Pardon my driving, I am reloading.
18. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how living remains so popular?
19. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
20. It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial costs and blamed it on the high cost of living.
21. Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
22. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
23. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
24. You can't have everything, where would you put it?
25. Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.
26. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
27. The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
28. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

29. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.
30. Shin: A device for finding furniture
31. As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
32. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
33. It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
34. Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
35. I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
36. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
37. When you go into court you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
38. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
They say guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, I'm pretty sure the guns help because if you stood there and shouted 'BANG' I don't think you'd kill a lot of people.
One way to figure out how things work, push all the buttons!
There cannot be a crisis this week; my schedule is filled.
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
One day, we will look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject.
When your are in jail a friend will bail you out, but a best friend will be sitting right next to you saying "dang that was fun!"
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world
Life isn't passing me by, its trying to run me over.
Boys are like trees, they take 50 years to grow up.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
God created man-THEN had a better idea!
Be insane... because well behaved people never made history
Your year book picture still haunts me.
The newscaster is the person who says "Good evening" and then tells you why it's not.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is GOING somewhere.
I'm so gangster, I carry a squirt gun.
You don't like me, well it's mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter.
364 days of the year, parents tell their kids not to take candy from strangers, yet on Halloween, its encouraged! Why is that?
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
Secret admirers are stalkers with stationary.
Doctors say I have multiple personalities. We disagree with that.
So what if we act like immature idiots? We're having fun.
One day your prince will come. Mine? Oh,he just took a wrong turn,got lost,and is to stubborn to ask directions.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and stare at it for hours.
Why do we teach kids that violence is not the answer and then have them read about wars in school that solved America's problems?
You say I'm not cool. But cool is another word for cold. If I'm not cold, I'm hot. I know I'm hot. Thanks for embracing it.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
I DON'T obsess! I think intensely...and like all the time
Jogging is a slow sprinting, Coach!
You Know You’re a Book Addict If:
You can randomly open to a page and know exactly what's going on. (absolutely!)
Read the book until 4 A.M., then get back up at 7 to continue reading. (YESSS!)
You try to get all of your friends (and everyone else) to read your favorite books. (yeah!)
You accidentally call everyone by the character's names. (sometimes, my friends got amused at first, but after I did it five times, they got annoyed.)
Everything reminds you of the book. (yes)
You quote random lines all the time. (yes)
You try to do things that the characters do, even though you know you can't. (yes)
You've gotten incredibly bored in class, and debated on doing something your favorite character can do to escape the class. (in my head)
You have pictures of your favorite characters on your iPod. (no, but I have a bunch in my computer desktop)
You've got a book memorized. (yes I read it so much that I just start to memorize sentences, then paragraphs, then chapters, and then books. My mom was surprised and amused when I forgot to bring my book (The Red Pyramid) to read it to my brother's, so I just said it by memory)
You've read a book more than five times. (Five? I've read it more than ten.)
You've read a book with 400+ pages in less than two days. (yes, I read 500 pages in four hours)
You've planned and prepared a siege on a writer's house because he/she killed a character you like.
You've plotted to murder a character.
You hate it when someone calls your favorite character fictional.(You'll never know)
You blatantly deny it when someone calls a character fictional.(yes)
Your idol is a character from a book (yeah, while everyone else has sports stars or celebrity role models, I look up to book characters and authors).
I am a book addict and proud of it! If you are, then copy and paste this on your page.

No comments:

Post a Comment